Some of you may not know this, but Babies Bottoms and More is in our home. A few years ago when we got this crazy idea that there should be a local cloth diaper store (and later added babywearing and breastfeeding products), we weren’t sure how it would work with Elisa being a stay at home mom to 3 kids 5 and under. I (Elisa) convinced my husband that we should put an air conditioner in the garage, cover the walls with shelving, and turn it into a store. He was a little disappointed to give up his dream of a place to put a pool table and smoke cigars with the guys, but I secretly was thrilled to have my own space to fill with all my favorite things and then share with all my new friends (aka customers). We started in just half the garage but have since grown to fill up the entire 2-car space.
It has been a blessing to be able to work from home and still be with our now-four kids, but it’s not all just about me. The unique home environment has its benefits for you too.
- Low Overhead = No Pressure. We have very low overhead to run the store, so we can afford to focus on what YOU need and not what WE need you to buy so we can pay the rent. We’ll never pressure you to buy anything, in fact, if you want to stop by some day just to look around at what’s new and chat with friends, that’s fine with us!
- Curbside Delivery. We know that it’s not always easy to get a kid or three in and out of carseats and into a store, and we also know that Texas weather is not known for being the most cooperative. So if your baby just fell asleep, or it’s pouring down rain or just plain hot, you can call us at 972-424-4994 and we’ll bring your order out to your car. Now if they could just make drive-through grocery stores….
- Flexible hours. While our normal hours are Tuesdays and Saturdays from 10-2 (at the time of writing, please check our website for current hours if you are reading this in the blog archives), we understand that sometimes your mother in law is flying in to visit, wants to see these cloth diapers you keep talking about, and the only time you have available is next Thursday at 9 pm. We’re able to set up private appointments to accommodate your schedule.
- Kid-friendly! We have a comfy nursing area and toys in our store, as well as a collection of baby carriers that you are welcome to use while shopping. Plan a shopping date with a friend and you can take turns in the store while the other one supervises your kids and her kids watching a movie in our living room or playing on the swingset in our back yard.
- Local pick-up when it’s convenient for you. We understand that with kids you can’t always be on a schedule, and that if you can estimate to the nearest two hours that’s pretty darn good! If you place an order for pick-up, give us a call and let us know what day you will be in the area, we can pack up your order and put it on our front porch for you to pick up whenever you get around to it that day.